The International Neuropsychological Society neither warrants the factual aspects of the following postings nor endorses any position, institution, or employment requirement. The Board hopes that these listings will be of interest to our membership. Please feel free to copy the listings, post them, or distribute them as needed.
Clinical Director - ABI
West Park Healthcare Centre
• Ph.D. in Psychology and extensive training in behavioural assessment and intervention
• Registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
• Listed with the Canadian Registry of Healthcare Providers in Psychology
• Minimum of two years practice with ABI clients with severe challenging behaviours
• Experience providing psychological services in a rehabilitation and/or community setting
• Experience in research and teaching
• Crisis intervention and prevention techniques
• Knowledge and experience related to community reintegration and service delivery in the community
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
• Proven leadership ability
• Conflict resolution & problem-solving skill
• Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis preferred
• Evidence of good performance history and attendance record
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of West Park: Excellence, Respect, Trust,
Collaboration and Accountability
• Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students,
employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
• Be accountable for the quality of client care provided in accordance with the Standards of Professional Conduct of the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
• Assess all client referrals, select clients and coordinate admission to the inpatient and outreach services.
• Ensure the development of appropriate rehabilitation and discharge plans for each client.
• Be responsible for clinical assessment and intervention activities.
• Monitor the clinical effectiveness of the services.
• Develop and implement clinical evaluation and research projects.
• Provide or ensure the appropriate provision of consultation services for matters pertaining to the client and
family members before and after discharge.
• Provide 24-hour clinical responsibility for both inpatient and outreach services on an on-call basis, which may be delegated to other staff as a first-line response.
• Direct strategic planning and services development efforts in collaboration with Service Manager.
• Approve the involvement of clinical students in Service activities and ensuring appropriate training, clinical
supervision, and educational activities for staff and multidisciplinary students.
• Participate in program development, coordination, and continuous quality improvement of the service delivery model, which integrates behavioural, cognitive, and community reintegration components.
• Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of staff, evaluating staff performance, initiating and
providing the opportunity for training, and delegating responsibility and authority to ensure the effective
delivery of services.
• Provide managerial leadership, motivation and mentorship to psychologists at the Centre, evaluate staff
performance, manage external contracts, and arrange coverage and recruitment.
• Ensures the provision of educational opportunities to enhance the professional growth and development of psychologists.
• Assist the Centre in the identification, development, and implementation of integration opportunities (These may include an extended external role for the Clinical Director.) and other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
West Park Healthcare Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation for a disability during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4633.
If you’re committed to making a difference, have a passion for helping others, and are looking for a place to
contribute and grow, then we would like to talk to you. As a West Park Healthcare Centre team member, you’ll discover the rewards of a caring community of staff, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families – a community that has inspired people to choose West Park for more than 100 years
Please submit a cover letter and resume, preferably via online application, to
http://www.westpark.org/CareersAndVolunteering.aspx or by fax to: 416-243-3422
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those selected for interviews
To learn more about West Park’s services, our organization and our role in the community, please visit us at: