Measurement and Structure of Cognition across the world: Cultural and language considerations
The International Neuropsychological Society is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Neuropsychological Society maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- List basic stages of statistical harmonization or co-calibration of cognitive tests
- Describe how to integrate content knowledge expert neuropsychologists with modern statistical methods for data harmonization
- Demonstrate the importance of a cross-cultural neuropsychological approach in cognitive aging research
|Availability:||Date Available: 2022-10-21|
|You may obtain CE for this webinar at any time.|
|Offered for CE||Yes|
|Refund Policy||This webinar is not eligible for refunds|
|CE Credits 1.0|
During this intermediate level session Dr. Gross will review the process of data harmonization involving cognitive tests, the role of neuropsychological expertise to inform statistical methods, and cultural issues in cognitive testing pertinent for aging research
- Briceno EM, Gross AL, Giordani BJ, Manly JJ, Gottesman RF, Elkind MSV., Sidney S, Hingtgen S, Sacco RL, Wright CB, Fitzpatrick A, Fohner AE, Mosley TH, Yaffe K, Levine DA (2021). Pre-statistical Considerations for Harmonization of Cognitive Instruments: Harmonization of ARIC, CARDIA, CHS, FHS, MESA, and NOMAS. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, 83(4):1803-1813.
- Briceno EM, Arce MR, Gross AL, Jones RN, Gonzales C, Wong R, Weir DR, Langa KW, Manly JJ. (2022). A cultural neuropsychological approach to harmonization of cognitive data across culturally and linguistically diverse older adult populations. Neuropsychology, in press.
- Gross AL, Khobragade PY, Meijer E, Saxton, JA (2020). Measurement and Structure of Cognition in the Longitudinal Aging Study in India – Diagnostic Assessment of Dementia. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 68 (Suppl 3), 11-19.
- Gross AL, Inouye SK, Rebok GW, Brandt J, Crane PK, Parisi JM, Tommet D, Bandeen-Roche K, Carlson MC, Jones RN (2012). Parallel But Not Equivalent: Challenges and Solutions for Repeated Assessment of Cognition over Time. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 34(7), 758-772.
- Jones RN. (2006). Identification of measurement differences between English and Spanish language versions of the Mini-Mental State Examination. Detecting differential item functioning using MIMIC modeling. Medical Care, 44, S124-33.
- Nichols EL, Cadar D, Lee J, Jones RN, Gross AL. (2021). Linear linking for related traits (LLRT): A novel method for the harmonization of cognitive domains with no or few common items. Methods. 26:S1046-2023(21)00268-1.
- Vonk JMJ, Gross AL, Zammit AR, Bertola L, Avila JF, Jutten RJ, Gaynor LS, Suemoto CK, Kobayashi LC, O'Connell ME, Elugbadebo O, Amofa PA, Staffaroni AM, Arce Rentería M, Turney IC, Jones RN, Manly JJ, Lee J, Zahodne LB. (2022). Cross-national harmonization of cognitive measures across HRS HCAP (USA) and LASI-DAD (India). PLoS One. 17(2):e0264166.