Website Cone Health
This position involves the coordination and provision of outpatient neuropsychological evaluations of adult patients who are referred for neurocognitive assessments. Major patient populations include dementia, movement disorders, epilepsy, concussion/TBI, as well as a broad range of medical and psychiatric disorders that may affect cognitive function. A Psychometrician assists in test administration and scoring.
- Perform a full range of Neuropsychology services including neuropsychological and psychological testing and interpretation and reporting of results, within the scope of clinical privileges granted by Medical Staff services, on site.
- Maintains current knowledge on standards of practice regarding appropriate test utilization and selection of neuropsychological and psychological tests
- Completes neuropsychological reports within MTF standard timeframe.
- Provide administration and interpretation of neuropsychological, cognitive and personality tests, providing clinical consultation regarding selection of neuropsychological tests and assisting clinical departments in planning neuropsychological treatment plans and interpreting effectiveness and quality of treatment plans.
- Assess progress of patients and modify or extend treatment program accordingly. Coordinate care of patients with referring physicians.
- Work closely with PM&R Physicians, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons to develop a deep understanding of brain function and dysfunction that allows him to better understand and treat his patients’ presenting problems.
- Take leadership role in neuropsychology program development
- Psychological testing on the above cases
- Completes the Therapy Process
Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or neuropsychology from an APA accredited program required
Post –doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology or 1- 2 years of supervised neuropsychology experience required.
BLS (CPR)-American Red Cross or AHA Healthcare Provider
Current Licensure in good standing as a Psychologist in the State of North Carolina required.
Must be able to obtain privileges as a member of the Moses Cone Health System Allied Health Professional Staff
To apply for this job please visit careers-conehealth.icims.com.