Participant Policy & Guidelines
Please review this entire policy carefully.
By signing and submitting a completed application for any partner package, you indicate your agreement to abide by this policy. Failure to abide by this policy will result in forfeiture of all monies paid or due under this agreement.
The following is policy for acceptance of partners for all meetings of the International Neuropsychological Society (INS), as approved by the INS Board of Governors. It may be changed from time to time at the discretion of the Board in consultation with or at the request of the INS Executive Director. Interpretation of this policy for specific partnership applications, advertising, exhibits, or exhibit personnel shall be the responsibility of the Executive Director and/or his/her designated officer(s).
- ONSITE BOOKS AND PRODUCTS. Books, products, etc., which are part of the exhibit must be offered to meeting participants at a discount from retail price of at least 10%.
- EXHIBIT CONTENT. Exhibits and advertisements must be non-political; consistent with the Ethical Principles, Standards for Providers, and Standards for Tests of the American Psychological Association; and shall not be offensive to public decency on either a local or international basis. The character of the exhibits is subject to the approval of the Executive Director. INS reserves the right to refuse applications on concerns of not meeting standards required or expected, as well as the right to curtail advertisements, exhibits or parts of exhibits that reflect against the character of the meeting. Only exhibits which relate to the science and practice of neuropsychology may be displayed. Contests, lotteries, raffles, and games of chance may not be conducted without prior approval by INS. Airing of either side of a controversial or professional issue will not be allowed.
- ADVERTISEMENT CONTENT. All advertisement content is subject to advance approval by INS. INS reserves the right to decline any proposed ad that does not conform to INS standards, principles and ethics. The INS in no way endorses the products, services or source represented in advertisements.
- ACCEPTANCE OF EXHIBITS. Applications for exhibits are subject to review by the Executive Director to determine suitability for the meeting and to ensure conformity with convention standards. Unethical conduct or infraction of rules on the part of the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s representatives, or both, will subject the exhibitor or said representatives to dismissal from the meeting, in which event it is agreed that no refund shall be made by the INS and further that no demand for redress will be made by the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s representatives.
- EXHIBIT OPERATION. Soliciting or demonstrating by an exhibitor must be confined to the area immediate to the exhibitor’s table area. Distribution of the exhibitor’s printed advertisements must be done within the exhibitor’s own area. Aisles in front of tables must be kept clear. Objectionable sound devices may not be operated. Engines or any other kind of equipment may be operated only with the consent of convention management of the hotel or facility where the exhibits are being displayed. All property destroyed or damaged by an exhibitor must be replaced in the original condition by the exhibitor or at the exhibitor’s expense.
Canvassing, exhibiting, or distributing advertising matter outside the designated exhibit area is strictly prohibited. Persons who are not exhibitors or partners are prohibited from any detailing, exhibiting, or soliciting within the convention hotels or facilities. No exhibits, displays, or advertising material of any kind will be allowed anywhere outside of the designated exhibit area (such as in the convention hotel rooms or hallways) unless approved by the Executive Director in consultation with the convention management of the hotel in advance.
- EXHIBIT LIABILITIES AND INSURANCE. The exhibitor, upon contracting to exhibit, expressly releases the INS or any of its officers, directors, employees, or committee members, or the Local Arrangements Committee, or representatives of any of the meeting hotels or facilities from any responsibility or liability for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur to the exhibitor or to the exhibitor’s employees or property prior to, during, or subsequent to the period covered by the exhibitor’s contract, including but not limited to any responsibility or liability or negligently caused injury, loss, or damage; and further, the exhibitor agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the INS and any hotel or facility against any and all claims made against the INS and/or hotel or facility by any person and arising out of the exhibitor’s acts or omissions.
The exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of exhibitor’s activities on the Hotel premises and will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Hotel, its owner, and its management company, as well as their respective agents, servants, and employees from any and all such losses, damages, and claims.
- EXHIBITOR FEES AND FACILITIES. The charges for an exhibitor’s booth shall be at the rate of $1,250 for one booth, or $2,500 for two booths (all amounts in $USD). The $1,250 rate entitles the exhibitor up to two registration waivers (value of $790) for personnel to attend the exhibit/meeting, a 1 time use mailing list post meeting or 1 flyer or small brochure promotional bag insert, and one table or 100 square feet of space, as specified above, for display purposes. The $2,500 rate entitles the exhibitor up to four registration waivers (value of $1,580) for personnel to attend the exhibit, a 1 time use mailing list post meeting and 1 flyer or small brochure promotional bag insert, and two tables or 200 square feet of space, as specified above, for display purposes. Additional registration waivers (maximum of two per partner) may be purchased at the rate of 2 for $250.00 (a savings of $540). Individuals with exhibitor badges are eligible to attend all activities of INS meetings with the exception of continuing education workshops and meetings at which attendees may vote.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT. Payment for the total amount must accompany the application and agreement. Applications and agreements received without payment will be returned. All application fees must be in U.S. currency. Checks are to be made payable to The International Neuropsychological Society (INS) (only U.S. checks accepted). Discover, Visa, Diners Club, Master Card, and American Express are also accepted.
- CANCELLATION POLICY. All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to a $50 administrative fee. Any cancellations received on or after January 05, 2020 will be refunded minus 50% of the total cost. No refunds available for cancellations received on or after January 15, 2020. Exhibitors who fail to show at the meeting will forfeit all monies paid.
- EXHIBIT SECURITY. INS will provide general hotel security during the day and dedicated security overnight. However, the exhibit hall is open at all hours of the day and night to the public. It is highly recommended that each exhibitor take the necessary precautions to protect their exhibit space, products, display materials, and any personal items. INS cannot guarantee items left unattended. Please refer to section #6 EXHIBIT LIABILITIES AND INSURANCE.
- CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT. It is agreed that the exhibitors, advertisers and partners will abide by the rules and regulations cited above before, during, and after the meeting and by other reasonable rules considered necessary by the INS or the meeting hotels or facilities, provided these rules do not materially alter the purchaser’s contractual rights.
All matters and questions not covered by these regulations are at the decision of the INS Executive Director.
Thank you for participating in the upcoming INS 48th Annual Meeting! Please contact the INS Executive Office with any questions regarding exhibitor, advertiser and partner opportunities, pricing and discounts, or to check ad availability: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-801-487-0475