Website University of Rochester Medical Center
The University of Rochester Epilepsy Center within the Department of Neurology invites applications for a Clinical Neuropsychology position at an Assistant or Associate Professor level for a full-time, tenure-track appointment to begin in Spring-Summer 2023.
We seek a highly committed Clinical Neuropsychologist who is determined to contribute to the clinical, research and teaching missions in the areas of clinical neuropsychology. The successful candidate is e)(pected to provide neuropsychological assessments and psychological consultations on patients with a broad range of neurologic, psychiatric and somatoform diagnoses, with a specific focus on assessment of persons with epilepsy who are candidates for epilepsy surgery, along with patients with functional neurologic disorders, including non-epileptic seizures. Additionally, the successful candidate is expected to generate research consistent with their interests and the mission of the Department, as well as educate residents and fellows about assessment and treatment of cognitive and functional neurologic disorders.
At the time of application, candidates must have:
- completed a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA/CPA accredited program,
- completed an APA/CPA approved clinical psychology internship,
- be enrolled in or have completed a post-doctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology and
- must show evidence of progress toward, or completion of, ABPP board certification in clinical neuropsychology.
Preferred qualifications include:
- clinical experience with persons with epileptic and non-epileptic seizures, including pre-and post-epilepsy surgery assessments,
- research experience, as evidenced by publications and ongoing research in clinical neuropsychology and/or clinical neuroscience,
- demonstrated potential for research funding,
- demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, including working with broadly diverse communities, and
- pre and postdoctoral training that demonstrates a breadth of experiences in the provision and supervision of clinical neuropsychological assessment. Clinical duties mainly involve adults and adolescents, but experience with younger children is desirable.
Applicants should submit cover letter, CV, description of current and planned research and three letters of recommendation to
Michel Berg, MD (email@example.com).
Inquiries can be directed to Dalin Pulsipher, PhD., (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator; women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com