Website Memorial Hermann
Clinical Neuropsychologist – TIRR Inpatient
For 33 consecutive years, TIRR Memorial Hermann is recognized as the best rehabilitation hospital in Texas and No. 2 in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Rehabilitation Hospitals” in America; serving the Houston community, and patients everywhere.
Our newly expanded Psychology and Neuropsychology department is seeking Adult Clinical Psychologists and Adult Neuropsychologists to join our family. The successful candidate will get to interface directly with PM & R physicians, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and other medical professionals.
- Hire On and Relocation Bonuses are available.
- Psychologists provide assessment, intervention, and consultative services as part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary team serving a variety of clinical populations (stroke, traumatic brain injury, complex medical conditions).
- The Rehabilitation Psychology/Neuropsychology department serves as a teaching location for students from multiple institutions in the greater Houston area, including predoctoral psychology interns in the APA-accredited training program of Baylor College of Medicine. TIRR also offers an APPCN-credentialed Fellowship program in Clinical Neuropsychology. Our psychologists are actively involved in these training programs.
- Candidates will primarily be located at the TIRR Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center location and will provide services on the inpatient Brain Injury services team. Additionally, candidates will have the opportunities to provide outpatient services at locations within the TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Network.
- Staff positions provide significant flexibility with schedule and career development within the hospital system.
Education: Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, clinical neuropsychology or counseling psychology (Because of the training required by this degree, understanding of normal development and aging is implied);
Completion of Postdoctoral fellowship training in clinical neuropsychology or rehabilitation psychology, if not from a clinical neuropsychology graduate program
Licenses/Certifications: Current license to practice psychology from the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychology or eligible for licensure in Texas
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year prior experience as a member of a multidisciplinary team in either rehabilitation or psychiatric setting; Preference will be given to candidates with prior brain injury rehabilitation experience
- Possess basic knowledge of software packages; experience with window based programs preferred
To apply for this job please visit memorialhermann.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.