Website Boston University School of Medicine
Posted Job Title:
RESEARCH STUDY ASSISTANT, School of Medicine, Geriatrics
Please also send a copy of your cover letter and CV to Reena Karki at email@example.com.
The New England Centenarian Study, based at Boston University School of Medicine seeks a Research Assistant to be responsible for collection and management of study participant data. Our participants are centenarians and their family members. Data collection will include working as a member of a team with other research assistants to collect clinical data from study participants ages 35 years to 105 years during telephone and video visits. Data include cognitive and physical function measures. Additionally, annual follow-up data will be collected via mailed and telephone-administered questionnaires. The RA will receive standardized training in conducting these measures. Previous phlebotomy experience is highly desirable though willingness to take part in a phlebotomy course to learn these skills is also acceptable.
In order to perform local blood draws, you are required to have a valid driver’s license. Driving usually occurs within a 3 hours’ distance of Boston. The RA may have the opportunity to participate in specific research projects within the study that are of interest to them and they will have the opportunity to analyze data, author and present results for national academic meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits subjects to participate in the study by using approved methodologies, such as, reaching out to healthcare providers for referrals, visiting clinics, sending mailings, using approved advertisements, etc.
- Conducts enrollment of study participants, including explaining research procedures, and obtaining informed consent of subjects and/or their families.
- Schedules appointments with study participants; conducts reminder phone calls and/or sends mailings.
- Schedules and Visits participants at their place of residence to collect a blood sample and set up video visit equipment.
- Schedules and conducts telephone and video visits with participants to collect study data.
- Conducts routine and specialized tests with high level of problem resolution, analytical ability and self-direction.
- Reviews the data collection forms for each enrollee for completion and quality; ensures timely and accurate entry.
- Follows established procedures, making judgmental decisions re reliability and accuracy of results, repeating procedures when needed. Requires initiative and independence.
- Begins to synthesize and interpret results. May prepare written and verbal status reports. Uses statistical and graphic summaries.
Bachelor’s degree and 0-12 months of work experience required.
Preferred: Phlebotomy trained
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org